How to decorate your hoop?
- The hoop will need to be clean and dry
- Hoops that are attached at contact points can come apart without proper support. You will want to add some extra support to help prevent your hoop from falling apart. Take electrical tape and add a thin roll on the part that is visibly attached. This is an important step, especially if you are using your hoop for intense routines. Your hoop is thrown to great heights!
- Make sure to leave the F.I.G. certified mark or label visible when applying your design if you plan to compete professionally. Add a layer of scotch tape (see-trough tape) on top of the logo. It protects the logo from wearing off.
- Set markers to help guide you through the design. Half waypoints on each side will indicate when to switch colours. You can use a pencil or tape strips to mark the points on the hoop.
- Keep an eye on the distance of the overlap as you wrap the hoop. You don’t want to waste too much tape or weigh your hoop down too much.
- Avoid air bubbles keeping the tape tight, as you roll it around the hoop. Keep your eyes open for air bubbles. If you see air bubbles, use your fingers to push them out. If you can’t get the bubbles out, it is best to try to reapply with a new piece of tape.
- Add a layer of scotch tape going evenly around your design, once or twice. This helps make it waterproof and protect it from scratches and bumps.
- We recommend storing the hoop in a hoop cover and also to use a hoop bag during transport.
There are no reviews yet.